Thursday, March 2, 2017

1 Week since surgery

Time flies,  eh?
Pain is still bad,  but manageable - I'm trying not to reach for the Oxycodone at the stroke of the 4th hour,  and last night I woke up only twice,  so that it's progress.
I've been walking round the garden,  and up and down the stairs,  but have not moved far from the reclining chair these last two days.
I'm getting used to the bag,  but am extremely self conscious about it - emptying it is now just a chore rather than a disgusting ordeal.  I'm yet to embark upon a bag change unassisted - that will happen on Saturday. 
I got 3 months supplies through the mail today,  so should anything good awry,  I will be OK for backup. 
Next week I have appointments with my oncologist here in Santa Rosa and with an Ostomy nurse down in San Raphael,  then a follow- up with my surgeon the next week down in SF.  After all that I should know when the  next set of chemo is going to start and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment