Sunday, March 19, 2017

I seem to only be writing on Sundays

It's been a whole week - so sorry.

Ok, so... main thing this week was the  port insertion,  which went fairly well and all the staff and doctors were kind and charming. 

The next day was tricky.  We've been having well problems at home and the work to fix it was due to new finish that day.  Jean was hiring a van and shooting off to somewhere on the peninsula to pick up a table and chairs,  so I had the simple task of opening the door,  saying "Hi", and making sure they had everything they needed to get it done.  The day started with a headache,  so I took my oxycodone and my tylenol and thought nothing of it. 

Before long I was reduced to lying on the sofa with a blanket over my head.  If I tried to read anything,  I simply couldn't read what it said.  I had to spell it out to myself letter by letter and then try to make sense of the next word and then try to  link them together.  I tried sending Jean a text message and it took me about 10 minutes to write a short message. After I sent it,  I realised that I had repeated one word multiple times in a row! It was scary and deeply worrying.

This is the exact text  of  the message I sent to Jean:

"I really can't think think straigit at  the moment and i really don't know know know know know why?"

Later I answered a phone call from a solar engineer who wanted to talk about the quote he wants to give us.  I have not a clue what he said or what I said in  reply!

Later in  the day,  I threw up and managed to sleep for a while and that seemed to help get me straightened out.

I'm assuming that it was a result of the drugs I've been on, and maybe the additional drugs used during the port placement, so I have decided to stop the oxycodone right away - the level of  pain is way more tolerable now,  so it should not be a problem.

So next up are.....More new drugs!

Chemotherapy part two starts now.  I'll try to write in  detail about what it  involves and how it goes.  It's yet another start of yet another phase of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment